If you are wondering about whether you should hire an offshore team for your website or mobile app development, you have come to the right place.
You might have heard of bad examples or horror stories around how somebody went offshore and had troubles. Examples like the client didn’t get the quality or on-time delivery. Sure. There are bad apples everywhere. Or a local agency has tried to scare you from going offshore to India.
But, have you thought why how large software services company charge you a huge amount and still go to India for their software development? This is because, it simply makes more sense.
Imagine your new iPhone, manufactured in the giga-factory near Chennai, India and shipped over to you in Australia. Why is Apple not building locally near Brisbane? Simply because it makes more business sense. By offshoring you get better manufacturing infrastructure, skills, availability of labour and of course cost savings. Or a software giant like Deloitte (charging for services as an Australian entity) but having a huge development centre in India and not in Melbourne?
Offshore software development refers to the process of outsourcing software development projects to teams or individuals located in another country. This practice has become increasingly popular in recent years, as it offers a wide range of benefits to businesses of all sizes. Here are some of the key benefits of offshore software development services:
1. Cost savings : One of the most significant benefits of offshore software development in India is the potential for significant cost savings. In many cases, businesses can save up to 60% on development costs by outsourcing to countries with lower labour costs. This can free up resources for other important business initiatives. Especially for startups who are looking to launch faster on limited resources, this is such a blessing. Here’s our other blog talking about the cost of software development and difference in cost between India and Australia.
2. Access to a global talent pool: It’s a widely accepted fact that India has big software talent pool. Offshore software development gives businesses access to a this talent pool while there is a big challenge right now to find the right talent locally. This allows companies to hire the best and brightest developers from around the world, regardless of location. This can lead to a more diverse and experienced team.
3. Increased productivity: Offshore software development can lead to increased productivity. This is because companies can take advantage of the time zone differences to have a team working on a project. With a gap of 5 hours with India, you can work with the team outside of your regular working hours to do more with your time. This can help to accelerate development times and get products to market faster.
4. Scalability: Other benefit with offshore software development services can provide scalability. This means that businesses can quickly and easily scale up or down their development team as needed without having to struggle with hiring or firing their employees. This allows companies to respond quickly to changing market conditions and customer needs.
5. Flexibility: Working with an offshore agency for software development services offers flexibility. This means that businesses can outsource specific tasks or entire projects, depending on their needs. This can help companies to focus on their core competencies and outsource non-core tasks.
But what about my Intellectual Property (IP), you ask?
Most likely there would not be a challenge. We at Aumadi, sign NDAs and Service Agreements outlining the process of IP transfer. All the code and resources sit on your AWS or Git accounts. However, by working with a good lawyer and have a services agreement in place, you can mitigate these potential challenges. If you did you due diligence on the company you work with and have your agreements in place, possible issues (that usually don’t arise) can be abated.
Strengthening trade relations between Australia and India also means that two countries are doing more business together which will continue to grow. There are already systems in place protecting business interests for companies on both sides.
In conclusion, outsourcing software development to India can provide significant benefits to businesses of all sizes but specially to young businesses and startups. By outsourcing development projects, companies can save money, access a global talent pool, increase productivity, and improve the quality of their products.
Additionally, you can have more flexibility and scalability. It's important to choose the right people and experienced provider that can meet your specific needs and help you achieve your business goals.
If you are looking for the right team in India to work with you on the software project, reach out to us here for a chat.